- Collection sites are located on the map. You can also look for details on how to recycle on any of the material pages.
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications locations will take place in Quebec, September 18 to October 6, 2023
- Fertilizer bags are also accepted in Quebec.
- Growers can also recycle bale wrap, silage bags/bunker covers, twine, netting and maple tubing in Quebec as part of a pilot project. View program details and recycling locations.
Is the industry obliged to participate in the empty container recycling program?
What containers are managed through the empty container recycling program?
Pesticide and fertilizer containers that are under 23 litres in volume as outlined in the approval letter provided above. Non-returnable bulk pesticide containers are also part of the program
- Stewards, brand owners or first importers must financially support a recycling program that manages these empty containers.
- Cleanfarms must operate its program in accordance with the conditions set about by province.
Contact Us to learn more.
Resources & Regulations
- Cleanfarms’ empty pesticide and fertilizer recycling container program operates as a ‘stand alone’ program that is exempt from the Regulation respecting compensation for municipal services provided to recover and reclaim residual materials. Cleanfarms members are able to meet their stewardship obligations through their membership in the organization.
- Cleanfarms developed “A snapshot of EPR obligations on ag plastics” to provide industry (brand owners, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors) with a summary of where regulated extended producer responsibility (EPR) obligations are in place for different types of ag plastic.