- PEI Ag Waste Recycling Options
- New! PEI Product Stewardship Program
- Collection sites are located on the map. You can also look for details on how to recycle on any of the material pages.
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications collection will take place in 2026
- Find out what you can set aside
- A pilot program to collect twine is in progress on the island.
Where can I find details for unwanted pesticides and animal medications?
We post information in the Events section of this page with additional details on the Unwanted pesticides and animal medications page.
Is there a fee to bring materials to Cleanfarms collection sites?
There is no fee but we ask that you take time to prepare your materials carefully so they can be recycled and managed in the best way possible.
Where can I recycle my silage wrap?
Island Waste Management Corporation offers silage and boat wrap collections. Contact IWMC before dropping off any wrap.
Resources & Regulations
- Starting December 1, 2022, companies that supply pesticides, fertilizers, seed and other items like silage plastics, bale wrap and grain bags to farmers in the province must operate or appoint an agent to operate, a ‘product stewardship program’ (PSP).
- The Environmental Farm Plan program, a popular assessment tool, helps highlight a farm’s environmental strengths. Find out how proper handling of farm waste fits into this in Prince Edward Island.
- Cleanfarms developed “A snapshot of EPR obligations on ag plastics” to provide industry (brand owners, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors) with a summary of where regulated extended producer responsibility (EPR) obligations are in place for different types of ag plastic.