- Pilot programs to collect items that include baler twine,
bale wrap, silage plastic and bunker covers are in progress in Bruce County.
- Collection sites are located on the map. You can also look for details on how to recycle on any of the material pages.
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications locations will take place in Ontario in the fall of 2022. Find out what you can set aside.
NOTE: Actual materials accepted may vary on a location-by-location basis. Please contact the location to confirm acceptability of material before dropping anything off.
Are needles/sharps accepted as part of the unwanted pesticides & animal medications collection program?
No. Contact your veterinarian, local pharmacy, or grower group to find out what options might be available in your area.
Can I drop off my feed bags through the seed/pesticide bag program?
No. Feed bags are not part of this program.
Resources & Regulations
- The Environmental Farm Plan program, a popular assessment tool, helps highlight a farm’s environmental strengths. Click the links below to find out how proper handling of farm waste fits in.
- Collection sites: please make note of requirements in Regulation 347, Waste Management
- Cleanfarms contributed to the following government consultations: