- Pilot programs to collect items that include baler twine,
bale wrap, silage plastic/bunker covers and grain bags are (depending on location) are in progress in three communities
- Collection sites are located on the map. You can also look for details on how to recycle on any of the material pages.
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications collections will take place in Peace Region in the fall of 2022. Find out what you can set aside.
NOTE: Actual materials accepted may vary on a location-by-location basis. Please contact the location to confirm acceptability of material before dropping anything off.
Where can I find details of collections for unwanted pesticides & old livestock/equine medications
We post information in the events section of this page with additional details on the unwanted pesticides & old livestock/equine medications page.
My grower group wants to learn more about ag plastics recycling. Can Cleanfarms help?
Call us. We often present to environment/sustainability committees. We can provide an key information and metrics that will let your group evaluate next steps for pilot projects or local collections.
- In September 2021, the government released its Extended Producer Responsibility Five-Year Action Plan, which indicates the government’s plan to identify a policy approach to managing Industrial, Commercial and Institutional materials (which includes most ag plastics) in 2025.
- Thanks to the leadership of the plant science and animal health medication industries, Cleanfarms’ programs for empty containers and unwanted/outdated products are implemented on a voluntary basis in British Columbia.
- The Environmental Farm Plan program, a popular assessment tool, highlight a farm’s environmental strengths. Find out how proper handling of farm waste fits into this in British Columbia.