- A pilot program to collect seed, pesticide and inoculant bags is taking place in 2021.
- A pilot program to collect bale wrap and silage plastic is currently underway in Lethbridge County.
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications locations will soon be added for the fall 2021 Southern Alberta collection events. Find out what unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications you can set aside.
Map coming soon…
Where can I find details of collections for unwanted pesticides and animal medications?
We post information in the Events section of this page with additional details on the Unwanted pesticides and animal medications page.
Are dairy sanitation or parasite control containers part of the container program?
No. These containers are not part of the containers or totes & drums programs.
Resources & Regulations
- Additional projects related to the Alberta Ag-Plastic. Recycle It! pilot program:
- Ag retailers: please make note of requirements in the Pesticide Sales, Handling, Use and Application Regulation.
- Alberta producers can apply for 50% funding towards the purchase of a grain bag roller under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) program, Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Producer, Category C.
- The Environmental Farm Plan program, a popular assessment tool, helps highlight a farm’s environmental strengths. Find out how proper handling of farm waste fits into this in Alberta.
- Cleanfarms contributed to the government consultation about enabling Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and designating materials for end-of-life management.