What you can recycle
- Unwanted pesticide & livestock/animal medications collection will take place in the fall of 2024 in Southern Alberta and 2025 in Northern Alberta. Find out what you can set aside.
Find a collection site
Where can I find details of collections for unwanted pesticides and animal medications?
We post information in the Events section of this page with additional details on the Unwanted pesticides and animal medications page.
Where can I recycle my grain bags and twine?
The Alberta Ag-Plastic. Recycle It! pilot program is now underway. Talk to your closest collection site to learn more.
Are dairy sanitation or parasite control containers part of the container program?
No. These containers are not part of the containers or totes & drums programs.
What happens to the things I bring to a collection site
Used agricultural packaging and products can be reused or reincorporated into new products. Visit our What Becomes What page to learn more.
High Volume Growers
Collection Site P&E
Resources & Regulations
- Additional projects related to the Alberta Ag-Plastic. Recycle It! pilot program:
- Ag retailers: please make note of requirements in the Pesticide Sales, Handling, Use and Application Regulation.
- The Environmental Farm Plan program, a popular assessment tool, helps highlight a farm’s environmental strengths. Find out how proper handling of farm waste fits into this in Alberta.
- Cleanfarms contributed to the government consultation about enabling Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and designating materials for end-of-life management.