Moose Jaw, SK — Now that fall has arrived, Cleanfarms is running its 2019 collection program for unwanted pesticides and obsolete livestock/equine medications for farmers to dispose of these old materials safely and securely.
This year, Cleanfarms collection events in the Peace Region are being held at the following locations:
DAWSON CREEK – October 17 – Richardson Pioneer, 250-782-9264
FALHER – October 17 – St. Isidore Coop, 780-837-2205
FORT ST. JOHN – October 16 – Nutrien Ag Solutions, 250-785-3445
GRANDE PRAIRIE – October 18 – UFA, 780-532-1281
RYCROFT – October 18- Cargill, 780-765-3771
ST. ISIDORE – October 16 – St. Isidore Coop, 780-624-3121
Collection events are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Materials accepted in the Cleanfarms program include:
- old or unwanted agricultural pesticides (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label)
- commercial pesticides for golf courses and industrial and commercial pest control products (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label)
- livestock/equine medications that are used in rearing animals in an agricultural context (identified with a DIN number, serial number or Pest Control Product number on the label)
The program will NOT accept:
- fertilizer, diluted solution, large quantities of unopened product, and treated seed
- needles/sharps, medicated feed, aerosol containers, premises disinfectants/sanitizers, veterinary clinic waste and medications, ear tags, and aerosols
- any other household hazardous waste.
The program is funded by the crop protection industry and the Canadian Animal Health Institute.
Questions about whether a product is accepted in this collection program can be directed to 877-622-4460 or email Cleanfarms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleanfarms is a Canadian non-profit organization that delivers recycling and disposal solutions that help farmers and their communities safely manage farm waste, including small and large plastic pesticide and fertilizer containers, seed and fertilizer bags, grain bags and twine. Cleanfarms runs the unwanted and old pesticides and livestock/equine medications collection program in provinces or regions of the country every three years at no cost to farmers.
Barbara McConnell, email@example.com, P. 613-471-1816, M. 416-452-2373