October 1, 2014 – Farmers in B.C. are invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications on the dates and at the locations specified below for safe disposal.
Collection sites will be open on the days specified from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- October 15: Vantreight Farms in Saanichton at 8277 Central Saanich Road
- October 16: Bings Creek Solid Waste Management Complex in Duncan at 3900 Drinkwater Road
- October 17: Comox Valley Waste Management Centre in Cumberland at 2400 Bevan Road
- October 20-12: Direct Solutions in Delta at 7430 Hopcott Road
- October 22-23: Univar Canada Ltd. in Abbotsford at 3256 McCallum Road
Cleanfarms, a national, industry-led agricultural waste stewardship organization, has partnered with CropLife Canada and the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) to deliver this program to B.C. farmers. It is the plant science, and animal health industries’ commitment to safely and responsibly collect and dispose of obsolete pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no cost to farmers.
For more information, visit www.cleanfarms.ca or call 1-877-622-4460.