Cleanfarms is committed to conducting research, operating pilot projects and consulting with all affected stakeholders before launching new programs.
There are vital steps through which we plan, test, cost and fine-tune programs to keep inorganic ag-waste out of landfills and the environment.
Establishing programs that work
Before we open up new programs, we take great care to find out everything we can and put in place the pieces to ensure that the programs address the needs of our stakeholders and are sustainable for all those who take part.
Some of the questions that we address, through research, conducting pilots and consultation, are:
- How much of different types of ag waste materials can we collect?
- Once collected, can it be recycled or managed through safe disposal and if so, where?
- What are the costs associated with each step of the process?
- Where are the most appropriate collection site locations? Are they accessible and convenient for growers, collection site and transportation partners?
- How can we make collection, transporting and processing materials efficient, safe and sustainable?
- What are the goals, interests, concerns of each stakeholder that will be affected by the program
- What are the most effective means of promoting the program?
The research, consultation and pilot projects that we operate help us answer a single overriding question: what’s the best way to bring sustainable programs to manage ag wastes to life?
Programs in Development
Whenever we have research, pilot and consultation projects in progress, we will post information about them here. And we aim to reach out to as many stakeholders as possible to ensure you’re aware of what’s taking place and how you can take part in the development process.
If you aren’t already on our email distribution list, we urge you to sign up today so we can keep in touch with you about new program developments. Facebook and Twitter are other great ways to keep in touch – please come and find us there. And, of course, we’re always available by phone or email.
Active Pilot Programs
Prince Edward Island