Cleanfarms’ revised Stewardship Program Plan outlines two key changes:
- Farmers can turn in a wider variety of designated materials for recovery
- Changes are underway to the collection network for containers (23L and under)
These changes will provide farmers with a single collection point for all designated materials and transition the program to a 100% industry funded model.
Cleanfarms’ comment period has closed. Manitoba Environment and Climate is conducting its own consultation through EngageMB. The consultation period runs from March 23 until April 28, 2023.
Our web page Transitioning Small Container Collection from Municipal to Retail Sites outlines work underway to make changes to the collection network.
Stakeholders will likely have the opportunity to provide additional feedback via EngageMB at a later date. This is what we want to hear your thoughts on:
- Are the timelines reasonable?
- What are the best ways to raise awareness of collection site changes?
- What types of packaging should be on our radar for the next renewal period (2028 onwards)?