The SASC (Saskatchewan Agricultural Stewardship Council) Advisory Committee is a multi-stakeholder advisory committee.
Its membership includes the various commodity groups, environmental or recycling organizations and municipal associations that play a role in developing and delivering a program that meets the needs of users, collection sites and others that are impacted by grain bag recycling initiatives.
The following organizations are represented through the SASC Advisory Committee:
- Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan (APAS)
- Association of Regional Waste Management Authorities of Saskatchewan (ARWMAS)
- Canadian Plastics Industry Association
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Environment
- Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM)
- Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds (SAW)
- Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council
- Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission
- Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association
The SASC Advisory Committee is one way to ensure that interested parties have an opportunity to provide input into the development, ongoing execution and effectiveness of a province-wide grain bag recycling program.
A draft terms of reference is available here.
If your organization is interested in getting involved, please contact Kim Timmer via email or at 877-622-4460.