Grain bag recycling
The SASC (Saskatchewan Agricultural Stewardship Council) Advisory Committee is a multi-stakeholder advisory committee.
Its membership includes the various commodity groups, environmental or recycling organizations and municipal associations that play a role in developing a program that meets the needs of users, collection sites and others that are impacted by grain bag recycling initiatives.
The following organizations are represented through the SASC Advisory Committee:
- Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan (APAS)
- Association of Regional Waste Management Authorities of Saskatchewan (ARWMAS)
- Canadian Plastics Industry Association
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Environment
- Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM)
- Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds (SAW)
- Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council
- Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission
The SASC Advisory Committee is one way to ensure that interested parties have an opportunity to provide input into the development, ongoing execution and effectiveness of a province-wide grain bag recycling program.
A draft terms of reference is available here.